• Just remove the silk and most of the husk (leave on 1 or 2 layers).
• Place corn on a paper towel and microwave for 3-4 minutes depending on the size of the cob.
• Carefully peel off the remaining husks and have the butter and salt ready. Enjoy!
• 1 Strom's 'Small Sugar' pie pumpkin to get 500g (1lb), chopped
• 30g (1oz) butter
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves of crushed garlic
• 750 ml (3cups) chicken or vegetable stock
• 15 ml (1Tbsp) tomato paste
• 5 ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
• salt & pepper to taste
• 15 ml (1Tbsp) grated parmesan cheese
• Chop pumpkin into cubes, discard skin & seeds.
• In large saucepan, sauté onion & garlic in butter until tender.
• Add pumpkin and sauté for two additional minutes.
• Add additional ingredients except cheese.
• Cover & simmer for 20 min or until pumpkin is tender.
• Blend smooth a with mixer.
• Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan.
• Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. • Pierce skin in several places with sharp knife.
• Rinse and place cut-side down on a large microwaveable plate, placing thicker ends toward outer edges of dish.
• Microwave on High Power for 14 to 16 minutes or until tender. Rearrange halves or rotate dish for even cooking.
• Crumble sausage into a medium-sized microwaveable casserole, add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
• Cover and microwave on High power for 4 to 6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
• Stir often to prevent meat from clumping. Drain off liquid, stir in Italian seasonings and tomatoes, cover and microwave on High power for 2 minutes or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Divide mixture between squash halves, sprinkle with cheese and reheat at High power for 2 to 4 minutes to melt cheese.
• 2 small Acorn Squash
• 1 1/2 tsp (7ml) Italian seasoning
• 2 (about 1/2 lb/250g) sweet or hot Italian sausage
• 2 medium ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded, and chopped